Root of the Tree Poetry Society
Great news. I am launching a Poetry Society to help aspiring Poets and authors who want to start out writing Poetry and learn all about how to get published! We are living in hard times….these are the hard times poets who want to do something with their writing, but are not sure how to go about it.
- Membership in the Poetry Society is free, however, donations are appreciated. I anticipate hiring a webmaster for the website I plan to set up for the Poetry Society and will have to pay them a small monthly fee. Therefore I ask that everyone who joins it, simply contribute what they can. Poetry organizations normally charge anywhere from $25.00 a month to more, but mine is free. I am here to help everyone whether you can afford the member fee or not. If you can donate something please do, if not, don’t worry about it, just enjoy the ride.
- I will mail out an email once a month on the first day of the month all about Poetry. How to get started, finding your mojo (style of writing) and how to technically put the material together. How to get to a “book of your poetry”, and then how to get it out there. I will cover markets and more.
- The Root of the Tree Poetry Society will publish an annual magazine or paperback “book” containing chosen submitted poems from up to 100 members. You will become a published poet and your career via the emails will take off.
- I will provide members with a membership card. At some point I will send out t shirts.
- Writing is a wonderful art, a results driven, pleasurable career and passion and money making hobby. If you attended a writer’s conference, you would NOT get this material, you would indeed, attend a few classes for up to $1000 time you pay for a plane ticket or travel and motel rooms and food. This Poetry Society will help you. Writing is wonderful Therapy for those feeling the sharp knife of loss of loved ones, the trauma of the Pandemic or other pains of life. Join me, join with others. Hopefully I will be able to publish poems on the website starting soon as I can get it up. Thanking you all for joining this great Society. This is a faith-based website, therefore nothing political, nothing vulgar or demeaning to others will be accepted. Plans are to publish the anthology next fall. All aboard!
- How to join? Message me either here or on my FB or email. I will list an address shortly.